Idle

My 86 8v starts great hot, warm or cold.  It fires right up.  When it is
warm, it idles at about 1000 rpm.  About one minute after a cold start,
it hunts for the idles varying between 350 and 1100.  After it warms up,
about 3 more minutes, the idle is a steady 1000.  Any ideas what I can
do to make it smooth all the time.  I wanted to fix it before I put on
my 4-2 manifold, downpipe, cat-back system and g-grind.  I'm a little
afraid that I'll have too many variables to track down if I wait until
after the changes.
--
Kervin
80 1.7 8v Crack free dash