Re: Idle

I believe the variation you are talking about is when the engine is
trying to transition to closed loop control. I'm not sure how it
decides, but it seems like after a set time it tries closed loop and if
the idle drops too low it goes back to open loop, then tries again a
little later.
Just letting the engine idle through this warmup stage will cause it to
have these symptoms more than if the car is driven. Then the engine and
O2 sensor warm up quicker and can go into closed loop quicker.
Quick test might be to disconnect the O2 sensor and see if this stumble
or erratic idle goes away.
Dan