Re: [Body] Fuba on a MkI

--- Cmr446@cs.com wrote:
>   How close to the hatch can I drill to mount the
> antenna?
>  It seems like it should be a simple job, but my
> luck I'll either set it too
> close and snap the mast, or set it in the middle of
> the roof.

When I put one on my old 1980 "S", I opened the hatch,
and then "eyeballed" it by placing the mast where I
thought it should be and making sure it would not
touch the hatch when it was opened. I was able to
establish a "safe" distance from the edge of the roof,
and then mark it and drill it.

HTH

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)