Re: G-grind installation (stupid question)

Quick answer: Yes.

Slower answer: Yes, but why?  If you've recently replaced the timing
belt, then you can slip it off the cam carefully.
Set engine to TDC.  Make chalk or sharpie mark on the belt and
corresponding cam sprocket tooth.  Loosen tensioner, and remove belt
from cam sprocket only - carefully - and use tape, a bungy cord, or
something else to keep it taut and engaged on correct teeth on crank
and intermediate shafts.  Tranfer sprocket to new cam, reinstall.  Slip
belt on according to marks you made and tighten tensioner.

Your engine will run but I'd check the ignition timing anyway, to be
sure (I'd do this 100% of the time).

ROn