Re: 1979 20v MKI Takes on a porshe 911 on the track video.

Yarrow told me he was running a 02J, specifically a TDI trans...talk about
high gearing...that thing isn't buildt for drags.

Eric

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Shawn C Meze wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 07:29:22 -0800 "Fry, Larry" <LEF@chem-tronics.com>
> writes:
> >The only explanation is that the "400hp" is a mythical number.
> >
> >Larry  sandiego16V
>

> No, not really.
> Picture this, stock FF tranny. Sucky driver. Thats a combo for a 1/4
> mile, one wheel peeler if i've ever seen one.
> Even with a quaife equipped tranny, it would be hard to launch off the
> line and make the car stick thru the first couple gears. Tires make an
> important factor as well.
> It is likely that this was done at a far less HP rating than were lead to
> believe.
>
> 400hp should get you into the 11's on a good day. D.O.P.D.
> (Depending On Parts and Driver.)
>

> Shawn Méze
> 86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
> 82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
> The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
> San Diego!
> http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1308/index.htm

Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
80 Scirocco (Parts car turned Daily Driver, mine)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic (SOLD)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (Katy is driving this for now)

-Kelli Fox