Re: MKI window seal alternatives???

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Mardak wrote:

> Has anyone found any window seals (esp. for the doors) from some other
> kind of vehicle that will work on a MK1???  Anyone know a restoration
> expert that could offer suggestions as to which seals look similar
> enough to work???  My seals are dried up so much that there's almost a
> 1/2" gap at all the corners...  There's got to be something out there
> that will fit...
Sure there is:

If a Rabbit windshield seal is bigger & the same stuff, just get a rabbit
one, cut it down to be the right length and glue the ends back together
with special glue for rubber (forget the name of the stuff, but people
swear by it!)

Thas how they make most seals anyway, take a long extrusion & glue the
ends together with special glue.

if a rabbit one isn't long enough, try some audis from the same vintage??

take care,

Steve