Re: Tune up specifications

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001 01:24:21 -0700 "Aireq" <aireq@u.washington.edu>
writes:
> Hey my dads driving up here (seattle) from portland to help me tune
> up my
> car ('88 16v) I dont' have a manual but plan on picking up a bently
> when he
> gets up here. But he wants to pic up the stuff to tune up the car
> before he
> comes up here so we can get started right away. So I need the
> following
>
> 1) Oil Capacity (with filter)

4.3 qts. as per manual. I always get 4.8-4.9. (Schrick pan capacity?)

> 2) Transmition oil capacity and type (I'll probably want Redline MTL
> right?)

correct, between 1.9 & 2.1 qts (2 bottles will do) If you choose to fill
by the speedo hole, fine, BUT have a 17mm allen handy and remove the
level plug on the drivers side of the car once you're finished. I'm
assuming you don't have a lift, so remove the front left tire and bring
the car back down to a level position. You should be able to check the
fluid level w/your finger. If there's too much in, it'll come outta the
hole.

> 3) Brake fluid type and capacity

DOT 4 - (?? capacity)

> 4) Coolant system capacity

5.1 qts (a 1 gallon bottle of coolant mixed in a 50/50 ratio w/water and
you'll have some left over)

> 5) Compression rating. We're going to do a compression check for
> shits and
> grins and I'd like to know where is should be.

Homey don't know dat! It's 4:30 in the AM!

> Also does anybody have a source for a set of disk brake rotors? Mine
> look
> pretty gouged up. What do these run? I'm going to see if I can get
> mine
> resurfaced but I thought I'd ask just in case that can't be done.

Shipping can make a good deal, not so good on them heavy bastages. I'd
price them locally if I were you. Don't forget the BOSCH F6DTC's!

Eric
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v/
AOL IM: OneSixV