Re: Odometer isn't working

>   the only problem that i've had is that the rod that runs trhough all
> the gears finally doesn't fit properly into the brass gear at the end
> (the one that turns the other gears). not too difficult to fix. i've
> neer seena broken gear, however.
>   not to start a flame war or anything, but i keep hearing about this
> broken gear thing and on all the odo's i've ever had and/or ripped
> apart, none have ever had a broken gear. is this something unusual or is
> it something that's being spread from person-to-person without any
> direct contact with the odometer unit? just curious.

I have a dead odometer sitting on my desk right now with a split gear.
It is a 220km/hr one from an 80 'S'.   I also have another one the same
that was jammed up.  I took it apart to see what the problem was, and
half of a gear fell out... Wierd.  Can't find where it goes, so I put
it all back together 3000 kms later, it still works good.  Perhaps it
was a left over part from the last guy who fixed it???  Dunno.  It
works.

Jay