From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of chris gonzalez
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 11:49 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Can someone explain why 5th gear pops out?

I can drive for about 40 min. in 5th gear (FN tranny) before it decides
it has had enough and pop into neutral (can't tell you how irritating
that was on a 600 mile trip to Vegas). If I cram it back in 5th, it
will pop out within 10 seconds. If I drive in 4th for awhile then shift
into 5th, it will stay there longer but still pop back to neutral
eventually...bad syncro?

tia,
chrisg