[Way OT] Digitizing Race Video was: Burnout contest stuff....

Tosha,

Indeed, the Buz was quite "spanking" for the money, but it was not SCSI.
Rather it plugged into it's own PCI card that also has a SCSI port on it
just for the hell of it. There was only one problem with the Buz, it did
not support Windows NT or Windows 2000 (even though it was only twinkle
in Bill G's eye). A video capture setup on a 1 processor box is pretty
lame, being that the Buz only ran on Win9x (which does not support >1
processor) handicaps it severely.

I have a buz both at home and at work sitting in boxes because they not
work with Windows 2000. There is a movement to get drivers working for
this thing
<http://www.frederik.carlier.yucom.be/buz/drivers/html/windows_2000.htm>
but I never got them to work, and in fact my Win2K machine will blue
screen on boot whenever that Buz card is in it. DAMN IT! ;-)

These days I just buy a Canopus DVRex
<http://www.canopuscorp.com/products/dvrexm1.php3> whenever I want
video. That is one hell of a damn fine card! Pair that with dual 1 GHz
machines and Seagate's new 180 GB drive and you are loaded for bear!
Unfortunately the ~$10K setup price means there are only a few of these
setups around.

Your best bet on a PC is to use a Buz for true analog camera capture, or
a cheap <$100 firewire card + Premiere for digital video. If anyone
needs Premiere......

-Marc

*snip*