[OT] Digitizing Race Video was: Burnout contest stuff....

Then Jorel Jackson wrote:
> You can do this with a program called Adobe Premeire
> and a computer with video ports in the back.
>
> =====
> Jorel Jackson

Yeah, what he said. In other words:

- You need a way to convert Analog (video on camera) to Digital (on PC
hard drive). This can take the form of built in hardware (got Mac?) or
an add on board. For a time iOmega had an external device you plug into
a SCSI port that was spanking but it didn't dent the market enough to
stick around.

- You might have a _digital_ camera, if so then perhaps all you need is
a port to connect the cable to, Firewire is preferable, add on FW cards
can be had if you don't already have a later Macintosh computer.

- The second half is formatting and conversion to different file
formats, possibly compressing to save bandwidth.

btw- Good going Shawn.

TBerk
Just grumpy is all.