Re: ND Show 2002

Tim at ND wrote:

> Hi guys,
<snip>
> We are starting to plan next years event. Our 10th year and we
> plan to make it the best. So far we have the basic outline of what
> we want to do.  Possible 3 day if not for sure 2 day event. We have
> a chance of getting Laguna Seca.

This would be great. My car is finally coming together where I am in
need of a racing set of wheels pretty soon.

I really like the open track/driving school idea. My brother attended
Bondurant back when he was still out on the West coast and I was able to
see the benefits (and w/ a Peugeot wagon too! :] )  Even veteran drivers
can gain something from (lets call it) a refresher course.

> We are debating to open the show to all German cars ? We need
> to pull in 7-10,000 people to impress the Laguna people. Then we
> may be able to secure a date for each year in the future. We have
> an opportunity to make this a new home for the ND show.

I am open to it being an Audi/VW/BMW/Merc kinda show. Some of us older
car guys get a bit put out by the 'new car' dudes but they have a valid
claim to fame (well, most).

As for the other Marques; the more the merrier.

> Since this is a charity event we will not be able to do this if we do
> not get 100+ volunteers to help. The burden last year on my
> company was too much. My goal is to make this a volunteer run
> event. After running the show for 9 years the VW and Audi
> community is just Awesome.

Kudos for all the hard work over the years. (I just show up and have
fun.)
[More on this off line.]

> Thanks guys and heck who knows maybe I will finally get my turbo
> Scirocco back on the road for this show.
>
> Tim Hildabrand

I am a bit spoiled as ND is right in my backyard. Many of my fellow
listers have even flown in  to attend and I'd like them to do so again,
so it's in my own best interest to facilitate.

Pretty much MIA this season but I'm plotting and scheming, stockpiling &
grave robbing. (offstage maniacal laughter ensues)

The ND Show is still just a baby, as far as regional/national car shows
go. It needs our nurturing, if we want to enjoy the fruits there of.

TBerk
Turbo Tim, Turbo Tim. Hmmmm. Wonder why he's called that.....