Re: Opinions - 4-2 manifold

The stock JH toilet bowl manifold is the most restrictive manifold that
VW put on any watercooled engine. Changing out the cam or TB without
replacing this manifold will result in NO power gain. I installed a "G"
grind with a stock exhaust and measured no gain using a g-analyst.
Installing the earlier dual outlet manifold is the number one item to
upgrade on the JH. Installing the TT dual downpipe is a big improvement
over the VW dual downpipe. Again, I measured this with a g-analyst not
just the old butt dyno.
According to the old TT Amazing dyno stories a JH with VW dual outlet
manifold, TT dual downpipe and 2" exhaust with G cam netted 115HP!
Installing a larger throttle body is pretty much a waste of time until
you have a seriously goosed engine. Installing a larger throttle body
will make the engine feel faster (a little more go for the same throttle
opening) but the actual improvement is 1-2 hp.