[TECH] Poly Rack Mounts...HELP!

I am installing my manual rack. It is going into an 81s. I bought Poly rack
mounts, and I have a question. One both mounts are solid (no breaks). One
mount is round which goes over the round side of the rack. The other mount
is sort of oval and it goes over the middle of the rack. The problem is it
can't fit over either side and the only conceivable way to put it on is to
cut a break in the flat part of it so it can be wrapped around the rack.
Follow me ? Has anyone run into this before ?

TIA,

Jason87VW