Re: help!! Possible Head gasket....

--- T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:
> i have no clue of the exact temp, but the gauge is going as high as it
possible can, the oil goes up to 120 and at one point it got up to 150.
The Radiator was flushed and cleaned when i changed the fan switch and
seemed to be hole free and water flowed through it fine.
The mixture was about 40 coolant to 60 water (about) before i started
having the over heating problem(all of it was gone the first time this
occured)
By the pressure release cap if you mean the cap on the resevoir, it seems
to be fine and only shows signs of steaming when the temp shoots all the
way up.
I am new to the system, but I have nver felt a hose get this hard as if it
was completely filled with airpresure, it has no give as if only filled
with coolant...Is that normal?
What is/ what does Redline water wetter do, and where do i get it?>
Thanks for the help,
   Randy>

 Give us some numbers; what temps are you seeing?

> You may need to work on the transfer of heat from the block/head to the
> coolant to the Rad, try some Redline water wetter.
>
> What is the mix of coolant to water you are running?
>
> Is the rad been flushed, cleaned (seen  the Purple magic thread
> recently?)
>
> Lastly you might try a new pressure relief cap, the hose _should_ get
> hard, but , 15 psi is 15 psi.
>
> TBerk

=====
Randy