Re: help!! Possible Head gasket....

Randy Martinez wrote:

> Ok so heres the deal, my baby is overheating when running at high speeds/
> high compresion. simple enough. When at lower speeds and cruising around
> town she stays fine. At first I thought it was fan problems, relay or
> something, but after jumping it on at high and then driving it on the
> highway the temp shot up again, and cooled off once i hit the side
> streets. Why do I think it is the head gasket, well there is a new low
> temp thermo, a new lo temp fan switch and  new relay can't be any of that,
> and last but not least the upper radiator hose gets very very hard after
> running the car on the high way, thus indicating a small leak in the
> gasket causing comression build up. PLEAS TELL ME I AM CRAZY and that it
> is something stupid that i have over looked.
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer.> --
> =====
> Randy

Give us some numbers; what temps are you seeing?

You may need to work on the transfer of heat from the block/head to the
coolant to the Rad, try some Redline water wetter.

What is the mix of coolant to water you are running?

Is the rad been flushed, cleaned (seen  the Purple magic thread recently?)

Lastly you might try a new pressure relief cap, the hose _should_ get
hard, but , 15 psi is 15 psi.

TBerk