Re: 2 days of re-wiring my Scirocco......boy do I hate electrical work. (long)

--- Randy B <sirocco@telocity.com> wrote:
> Meanwhile my bentley sat all by it's lonesome on the shelf (like I
> could
> figure out the wiring diagrams anywhays.....so I never cracked it
> open).

Dude, that's scary...I would never dare do any wiring whatsoever
without my Bentley open.  I had to take my Bentley upstairs to read at
bedtime a few nights (my wife thought I was nuts) to really learn the
diagrams, and you know what, they're not that bad.  In fact I have come
to love them.  The explanation section before the actual diagrams (for
the 16V manual, anyway) is worth your time.

> I carried on and had my 2nd Grolsh beer.

Aaaaah!  beer + wiring - Bentley - experience = smoke, usually!  oh
well, decent beer, anyway.

>you must have gone through
> the same
> thing or are incredibly bored by now.

Not bored, insomnia.  But I'd bet at least 7 of the 10 watercooleds
I've owned had hacked harnesses somewhere, be it from PO alarms, cruise
controls, stereos, whatever.  BTDT!  Good work, btw, a great sense of
accomplishment, no?

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

Stupid is as stupid does.
-F. Gump