2 days of re-wiring my Scirocco......boy do I hate electrical work. (long)

Well it started off innocently enough.

I got a pair of Mk1 Eurolights from Dirk for Mars. (1981 Scirocco)
I initially installed them and hooked them up to the plug for the H4's and
left the plug for the H1's dangling in the wind.
Yesterday I decided to relay them and take care of some other wiring issues
in the front of the car.

I tore apart the whole front end, pulled out all the wiring for the turn
signals, headlights, washer bottle (never worked), AC (removed with the new
engine), old 65A Alternator wiring (installed 90A with new motor).

I started getting discouraged Sat night (12:30am - started at noon) because
I had wires going everywhere and couln't remember what went where.
Meanwhile my bentley sat all by it's lonesome on the shelf (like I could
figure out the wiring diagrams anywhays.....so I never cracked it open).
I carried on and had my 2nd Grolsh beer. After another hour of pulling wires
out of the factory looms and unweaving them I started thinking I'd never
figure out where all the wires went.
I cleaned up and went to bed very discouraged.

Today I rose early (for me) and got back to work at 8am on the project with
a fresh perspective, some confidence, and a sore back.
After about an hour I finially figured out what went to what (Mental note:
next time label EVERY DAMN wire when removed) and started intalling my new
12gauge wire for the lights, relay's, wires for the city lights, new fancy
neg battery cable/clamp, and all the rest of the electrical stuff in front
of the car that I hastely removed earlier.

I got distracted (like I usually do) and decided to re-paint the headlight
brackets. This led to stripping/masking/painting the battery tray and
surrounding area (3 hrs of the day lost) to prevent any further rust. This
turned out to be a pretty stupid (though necessary) move. Being that I just
painted (with primer and Mars Red) the area that I need to work in, I had to
wait another 2hrs for the paint to dry so that I could get back to work
(paint was a perfect match to the original Mars Red). Time for lunch and my
first beer :)

Paint dried (to the touch at least) and I got back to wiring.
I re-used as much of the plastic loom sheathing around all my new wires as I
could to get back to the factory look (came out damn nice if I do say so
myself :)  )
By 9pm, everything was wired and the front end was put back together.  :^)))
With great hessistation (read: fear) I turned on the lights.
City lights work, headlights work (L/H and are damn bright), turn signals
work, .....and most important......no smoke. (phew)
Then I gingerly start the car.........Hmmmm...fires right up :)
I wait for a couple minutes and the fan kicks on.......IT WORKS! (one of the
wires I wasn't sure of)
Still no smoke :)))))

Drove her around the block with her new lighting and am sooooooo happy.
I am also tired, have a VERY sore back now, and need another beer.

I can't believe that it took me two full days to do this, even more than
that I can't believe everything worked when I got done.
I guess I have a strong case of volkswagonwiringphobia, today I made a baby
step in overcoming this fear, he he.

Give me a motor to tear-down or intall, a clutch job, even a passenger side
engine mount anyday over wiring!

Well Cosmos is next but I am going to take a long breather before I attemt
to mess with her wiring ;)

If you are still reading this...........you must have gone through the same
thing or are incredibly bored by now.
Thanks for following along. :)

Randy