A: Well Once you get to answer your body shop question, just drop the mags
with them
they can easily work the old off and put a new clear coat on the wheels. I
have heard some people doing details work on the wheels using power coating,
but have not see it myself.

Q:Source for NOS or reproduction carpet and dash.

A: Well there are two that I am aware and they always running scirocco
carpets sale on ebay.com you might want to take a look
(http://www.1aauto.com/) or try Ebay.com at
<<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=59472287
3&r=0&t=0>>
or
<<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=59440832
1&r=0&t=0>>
auctions that I have seen running all the time.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Matt Coates
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 2:30 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Intro and paint/wheel question

Hey all,
     My name is Matt Coates, I recently joined the list and wanted to
introduce
myself.  I just bought a 16v Scirocco with about 100k on it, and it runs
great.
 It is an Arizona car and the body is rock solid.  The previous owner was a
real VW nut and sorted out almost everything... fuel injection, vacuum
lines,
brakes, new clutch, AC, suspension, '89 cab tranny, the list goes on.
However,
the silver paint is faded and the interior needs some help.

So... I am looking for some info from folks in the Boston / North shore area
on
the following:

-High quality paint & body shop: Recommendations and experience.

-Recommended method for refinishing some teardrops: the clear coat is shot,
but
otherwise in great shape.  Has anyone powdercoated their wheels?

-

Thanks in advance for any info.  This is a great list and an incredible
resource!

-Matt
'87 16v

=====