Re: Intro and paint/wheel question

> Hey all,
>      My name is Matt Coates, I recently joined the list and wanted to
> introduce myself.  I just bought a 16v Scirocco with about 100k on it,
> and it runs great.

Welcome to *THE* List Matt :-)

>  It is an Arizona car and the body is rock solid.  The previous owner
> was a real VW nut and sorted out almost everything... fuel injection,
> vacuum lines, brakes, new clutch, AC, suspension, '89 cab tranny, the
> list goes on.  However, the silver paint is faded and the interior
> needs some help.

Sounds good so far!

> -Source for NOS or reproduction carpet and dash.

No reproduction Dashes out there, and you would be damn lucky to find a
NOS dash.  Carpet kits are abundant...there is a preferred supplier I
think...check the links section on www.scirocco.org

Also, for a dash "cap" or cover.  Coverlay makes a hard plastic molded
dash cover that fits snug over your current dash...never tried one, but
the idea is sound!

http://www.coverlaymfg.com/E_Store/Dash_Covers/Foreign/Volkswagen/

--
Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
79 Scirocco (Parts car)
80 Scirocco (Parts car)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic (Katy's Daily Driver)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox