RE: Diesel Oil Filter?

I use the diesel filters on my 88 16v without a problem. bigger filter =
greater oil capacity

-----Original Message-----
From: Cheapass Ron [mailto:rapieper@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 9:41 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Diesel Oil Filter?

While at the FLAPS, I was scanning the oil filter apps book (just a
sec...to preserve my dignity, I *do* know the Purolator Pure One number
by heart, PL20252, I was stepping down to a Premium Plus this once) and
saw a different filter for the diesels.

Hmmm...gasket size the same, thread size bound to be the same, bigger
diameter...more filter area, that's a good thing, right?  Why not?

Soooo...do they work on the gas engines?  Don't see why not.
Interference issues?  Any harm in screwing one on?

Thx,

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

Stupid is as stupid does.
-F. Gump