RE: Need advice...Need a quite exhaust

The stock one???  I had an 87 16v for a winter beater.
 I hollowed the cat and kept the stock exhaust.  It
had to be the one of the best sounding exhaust notes
I've had yet.  Nice deep tone at idle and very smooth
with just the slighest hint of a rasp at high rpm
under full throttle.  If I am not mistaken its one of
the few good flowing systems from the factory.  It
also never rots out.  I live in Maine and the 2 16v's
I've had had the factory exhaust on them after 15
winters..  Try to find a used one somewhere.

Tony