Re: 1980 Scirocco "S"? to be purchased

 Anthony wrote:

> If I remember correctly a 1980 S will be either black
> white or mars red (orange)

Yes this is correct :)

 and has a 1.7 (same head as
> the 1.6 so it is often mistaken for a 1.6)  engine
> code EN (I believe)

Actually the 1980 had the 1.6 (1588cc) motor "EJ" in it
1981 had the (1.7) 1715cc motor "EN"

The bumpers have a red stripe on
> them.  The vw emblem in the grill is red.  The
> interior (dash and door panels) will be black.  The
> trim around the windows should be black.  On the black
> cars the carpet was red.

Was it only the black 80's? I think the White also had red carpet.

The 80's also had pinstriping on the body
Not totally sure if these color combo's are correct but here goes:
Black had Red/Silver
White had Black/Red
Mars had Black/Silver

   All the 's' models had 5
> speeds.  I am sure the factory guru's will correct me
> where I am mistaken.

He he he....but of course :^)

> Be sure to check for rust is this is the single
> biggest problem with the MKI's.  This is why I
> searched for 2 years to find one.  Its a shame all
> these cars in the northeast had to go to the big
> parking lot in the sky :

> Tony
> (who's scirocco is at home today cuase its supposed to
> rain)

Randy
Not a Guru, just seen a lot of em'