Re: Which Master Cylinder?

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:42:48 -0700 "Randy B" <sirocco@telocity.com>
writes:

> Casey wrote:
> > I'm gonna be upgrading my '78 bunny to 10.1" front and 8.9 rear
> discs.  I have a rear brake setup from an '86 8v gli and the fronts
from an
> '87 16v gti.  But I'm just not sure which MC to use.
> <snip>
>
> Casey,
> I believe the front brakes on an 87 16V GTI are only 9.4".
> If you want 10.1" for the front you need the brakes from 16V
> Scirocco.
> There are other later models that might work, Quantum, Audi, ect...
> (don't
> know which years or models)
>
> HTH,
> Randy

Good one Randy, I didn't realize that when I read it... <g>

Not only did the '87 GTI 16V come with 9.4" front brakes, but the M/cyl
is only a 20mm, just like the '86 GLi.

Unless you plan on getting the 16V Scirocco setup, I would use the stock
M/cyl, or a new stock 13/16" M/cyl....

Peter - http://thescirocco.com -Techtonics, Autotech & Peloquin Discount
Dealer -  Bear, DE 19701
                                                           '79 Scirocco
16V "Retro"
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84.5 Scirocco "Oddball"
'84 GTI
SciRollers: '79 White Champagne Edition, '84 Black, '88 Red