RE: need more help with 3A-ABA identification

> ok, I have disassembled the entire engine. I find no serial
> #'s. how can I
> tell if this is ABA or 3A. one thing, it does have oil
> squirters under the
> pistons. did the 3A have this feature? tia

Here are two pics of the 3A that should help:
<http://www.driversfound.com/temp/3a1.jpg>
<http://www.driversfound.com/temp/3a2.jpg>

As Brian said, look at the shape of the oil filter flange.

Also, above the breather assembly (?)  there should be a number
stamped.  Mine says 3A 037 440 (see pic #2).

Also, the height of the 3A block will be the same as the JH.  The ABA
will be taller (13mm or something like that).

HTH!

Greg :)

Gregory Davis       1985 Euro-spec Scirocco

http://www.DriversFound.com...
The Scirocco Enthusiast Website!

http://www.GAKMotorsports.com...
European Plates, Scirocco Gauge Panels, and more!