RE: need more help with 3A-ABA identification

The ABA has a different oil filter flange than the 3A.

Take your old stock whatever VW flange and see if it fits.

The ABA also has the crank trigger wheel attached to the flywheel and of the
crank and has a sensor on the block just below the oil filter flange.

HTH

BcH