Re: Strut bearings...toast? (Macon, GA SUCKS!)

Neil,
That sucks!!!
I have hit a few of those recently, been real lucky (nothing bent
yet..knocking on wood).
The State should cover any damage to your car.
Go take pictures of the spot before it is repaired!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine drove over the same type of bump with his 81 Scirocco S.
Luckily he only bent one BBS (90 GLI) wheel.
He went out the next day, took pictures of the joint (the one in the road of
course) and contacted the Department of Transportation.
The asked for an amount, he went to two VW dealerships and got quotes for
like $280 (I can't remember exactly) for one wheel replacement.
They sent him a check for same amount.
He then went to a local wheel repair shop and had it repaired like new for
$100.
This is in CA but I imagine it would be the same in FL.

GL
Randy