RE: close-ratio tranny

Todd, the 2H ('83 GTI) and the 4K (mostly '84 GTI) are both self-machining
transmissions. That has never happened to me, actually, and I am completely
unafraid of it. Every machine or system has a weak link somewhere and these
transmissions are *plenty* tough; believe me.

I'd never install an FF (or other wide ratio trans) in one of my rides
unless unless it were a turbo car(in which low gearing can actually be
slower). Go with the close ratio box and you'll love it! If the revs in 5th
gear are too much for you, then swap in the FF's 5th gear (.71 ratio).
Scott F. Williams
Account Manager
GENUiTY - Eastern Region
100 Wall Street, 10th Floor