[mk2] frickin' auto trans

  well i finally got the whole thing out today. dropped the engine and
picked the car up from around it. what a mess. anyway, i tried breaking
it down into smaller parts (i'm not THAT strong), but didn't have any
luck separating the trans from the engine. i removed what appeared to be
all the bolts one the outside holding the two piece together, but no
luck. something tells me it has to do with the torque convertor. i'm not
there right now (had to remove 4 lbs. of grease, dirt, etc. with a
shower) and unfortnately my bentley's with the car. i'm not sure when
i'll get out there again, but would any info on getting these two pieces
apart, other than dynamite.
  how interchangeable are the auto trans in vw's? are all the autos the
same or are there different gearings, like the manual trans? just
curious.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com