Whining and moaning

Just needing to vent. After waiting a month or so to get the clutch put into
my car, it was finally "mechanically sound" for a WHOLE DAY (WOOHOO)
So we had it up for a test and tune. Results - one stud stripped and will NOT
come out of the wheel hub/rotor ass'y (that's fixable), car is still too slow
(likely cam timing??), and now the outer CV boot has decided that it needs to
spew that lovely black grease all over everything. Good thing I didn't have
the BFH handy last night, I know it's an old car but a week between repairs
would be good anytime soon.
Any tips for removing the stud? Or the axle for that matter.
I know why the CV boot failed though, the Jetta that it lives beside got a
whole new drive axle. The "parallel needs" on these two cars is really scary
(includes clutches, head gaskets, exhausts, paint jobs, etc) I may as well
just get two of whatever each time.
Oh, and thank goodness, after a month and a half of drought, it is raining
today. The reason? Import drags, this is the third race that has been rained
out, and I think it has only rained three times this year. The Rocc should sit
it out anyway.
On a side note, I tried my skills at the track, a test and tune , I SUCK!! (I
had the bug, hubby drives the silver headache) Reaction times all over the
map. But I had fun, learned a bit, and will try again!
Still frustrated, Cathy (87 16V Rocc, the"Silver Headache")