List of VW EFI's

Hi

I'm looking into the possibility to use an injection system from an A3 car on my 76' engine. I've read books on the subject "Understanding Automotive Electronics" and a couple of others, and I'm aware of the math involved in modifying the tables stored in the *.bin file in the ECU. The www.thirdgen.org website has also been very informative. But since I'm going to use it on a VW, I need some specific data. Does anyone here on the list know of a webpage where all the EFI's used by volksagen is listed. Maybe by model and year?
Anyone know which systems would be the easiest to tamper with...and which ones to stay clear of? Does the KE-Jetronic also use a mechanical plate to measure the air mass? I've heard the Digifant is a system which only a few people know how to modify, because it's almost impossible to alter anything in the chip...it simply overruns the figures which are too extreme - is this true?

I know it's a lot of Q's but I just wouldn't want to spend money on something I can't use!

Thanks!!

Morten T Nielsen