Re: [A2] Window fell out of track

>From: "Aaron Ness"

>Slightly OT, but I think I'll ask anyway.
>
>My brother called last night and asked if I had any ideas on how to get his
>left door window back into its track. He said there is a rubberish strip
>that kind of wraps around the bottom edge of the glass and fits into the
>channel.

I just did this on my GF's 86 GLI, and IIRC it was a pain. The "channel" he
was referring to is the metal piece that bolts to the regulator. The window
rests in this "channel" and as he noted there is a rubber piece in there.

I used some liquid detergent on the rubber while it was wrapped around the
glass. It helped to have the metal piece clean, and then a steady strong
force made it slide in without too much trouble. I started it at an angle,
and then once it got started, it was easier.

I'm curious as to how it came out in the first place, it is in there _very_
tightly.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0