Re: 4k transmission...

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Daun Yeagley wrote:

> --- Josh Hignight <Josh.Hignight@phoenix.edu> wrote:
> > Alright, looking at my scirocco (now turned project) on
> > the lift Saturday, I
> > noticed the trans. code is 4K. Looking it up on org, it
> > says it's got a 3.89
> > final, but I'd heard they were 3.94...
>
> There has been lots of debate on this subject, I don't know
> if we've ever really settled it.  (Noooo let's not go THERE
> again!  LOL)

Daun, Daun, Daun!  There's never been any debate on the subject - a 4K is
3.94, as is the 7A and every diesel transaxle (with the exception of the
Eco gearbox) from 1984 through 1992.... :)

Drew (84 Wolfsburg Edition Turbo Diesel Scirocco)

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca