Re: Exhaust backpressure

This is a fascinating discussion. If I can try to understand this, we have
in the one view that exhaust backpressure is bad, but that reflections can
be good. In this theory, wouldn't the first reflecions make the most
difference in a pipe with enough bends, thus the banana in the tail pipe
does not produce advantageous reflections. Couldn't we make the biggest
improvements by timing the intial reflections? Is the Yamaha valve system
effective because it times the reflections to coincide with the
shockwaves, in a sense? Thanks for putting up with my (probably) dumb
questions.

Blake