Re: Bodywork Knowledge....(how to get some)

I hung around a body shop for a few days in a bikini top and shorts. Learned
a lot asking Q's. I don't think that the clothing change will help in your
case though...

Most of the work is simple and requires few tools. A heavy grinding pad for
the drill, metal grinder, welder (for the REALLY big holes).
Bondo is mixed and put on then sanded down. Use a bastard file or RASP (flat
& rounded) to cut it back. Wet sand and refill, then refill till the surface
is smooth and properly shaped. The last coat is made really thin to reduce
air bubbles. Then wet sand again.....

Primer, primer & more primer with wet sanding between dried coats. Use
different color primers so that you can see if it is getting thin or sanded
to heavily in one area...

Good luck...

Julie Macfarlane
(Web Developer/Project Manager)