Re: Bodywork Knowledge....(how to get some)

Julie Macfarlane wrote:

> Bondo is mixed and put on then sanded down. Use a bastard file or RASP (flat
> & rounded) to cut it back. Wet sand and refill, then refill till the surface
> is smooth and properly shaped. The last coat is made really thin to reduce
> air bubbles. Then wet sand again.....

    Wetsand the filler?  I initially sand filler with 36 or 40 grit
progressing to about 240 or 320, but never do I apply water, especially
when I am working on/near bare metal.  Besides, dipping 36 or 40 grit
paper into a bucket of water will only make it gum up that much more
when sanding filler that you just applied.  I know I'm new to this
stuff, but you sure about the wetsanding the filler?  Primer maybe
(albeit I believe most primer absorbes water & shouldnt even be sneezed
on), but filler?  Only time I introduced water was when wetsanding the
clearcoat.

Confused
Lime Green 79
Kirkland WA