RE: Mk1 body kit: screwed once again...

Easy. Whatever it was insured for gets paid to the
person who *shipped* the kit.  This is my main
objection to buying things from people I don't know
over the web.  Say I buy something, the seller insures
it and ships it.  It arrives damaged.  I make a claim
with UPS as I have the damaged merchandise.  They come
out, look at it, approve the claim and cut a check to
the sender!  So now I have to hope that the guy who
shipped me the goods is an upstanding kinda guy (as
most are) and will refund me my $$.  I have on
occasion gotten really burned by this tho.

If the kit wasn't insured when it was sent, you're
really up the creek...

-josh

--- Scott Williams <scwillia@genuity.com> wrote:
> Neal Tovesen wrote:
> > This is absolutely horrendous. Who claims that it
> has been
> > damaged/destroyed? The recipient.
>
> UPS claims that the package has been "damaged in
> transit". In this case, *I*
> am the recipient. I have have never even seen this
> package yet.
>
> > Is the shipping company going to pay for your
> damages?
>
> We'll see what UPS has to say in the next couple of
> weeks. However, how does
> one ascribe a proper value to goods like this? The
> kit is obsolete and
> essentially irreplaceable. Damnit...
>

> --
> Email LIST problems to: