Re: still radio problems (can't read radio-speak)

>      old radio			new radio
>
>   -- | * | + |  --	     -- | * | S |
>  ----|---|---|-----	    ----|---|---|----
>    + | ¥ | < |	      + | ¥ | @ | ALM
>
>   the ¥ is a symbol that looks like a Y, except the middle line goes all
> the way to the top of the figure, instead of stopping at the point

>   the * is a sun-like looking symbol. a circle with eight lines coming
> out of it

This would be the line that should get power when your headlight switch is
turned on, turning on the dash lights, and the lights in the radio.

>   the < looks to be a diagram for a switch. -ó o-  where the first o has
> a line coming off it

This would most likely be switched power, with the key / accessory position
causing power to be supplied here.

>   the @ looks to be a speaker power line. the symbol looks like a
> speaker with a + beside it

Not too sure what this one might be for, could be something else to
do with the alarm.

>   the ALM is a toss up. that's the way it is on the radio and after
> plugging it all in, i'm stuck.

I think Jim was correct in thinking this is the the alarm line, in my
B3 Passat, there's a little light that blinks on the radio when the car
is off, passing for an alarm I suppose.  Don't know anything more about
it besides that observation...it might serve a more useful purpose in
higher end model Passats, as mine is the bottom of the line up being a CL.

>   any ideas would be helpful. i have access to the passat, but would
> rather do less to it than more. thanx.
>
> --
>  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)

good luck.