Re: Dubwar?

Ian Overholt wrote:

> I'm planning to go.  I'll drive up the 16v, but I'm not doing any of the
> events in it.  Doug is bringing the MK1 autox car (with the new coilover
> suspension and corbeau race seats!).

Aw crap, park it in the car show.. we need to be well represented!  BTW,
has anyone made any plans on a place to stay up there the night before?

> I am seriously looking for a good A/C shop to recharge my R12.  Having
> working A/C for Buttonwillow in late August is a necessity.  Ron recommends
> a guy in Santa Ana, but I saw him fix a coworkers A/C hose with a hose
> clamp!  I think all I need is a recharge, the system doesn't seem to have
> any leaks.

LOL! Are you sure that wasn't one of Ron's minions?  Sounds like his work
nowadays.

There has been a lot of AC talk lately.  Personally, I bit the bullet and
did an R-12 repair and recharge 3 years ago when I bought the car.  After
doing a fair amount of research on the net regarding R134a conversions
as well as lots of the alternative brews, I decided that I wanted no part
of a system that didn't blow cold enough.  I rarely use it but when I need
it, it's there and cold as the north pole.

Check with Ed at Maxed Performance, he may be able to do the job himself,
if not he'll know someone who can do it right.. Doug has his number or
email me and I'll dig it up.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA