Re: 9A close ratio tranny

<http://lipari.usc.edu/~jan/vw/Engine/Engine_Swaps.html>
Scroll down to the bottom where the discuss     Transmissions
(should be Transaxles).

Quote (of interest?): "Here's an old tip, and I am not sure how this
meshes with the rest: A2 trannys will fit in A1 chassis cars, but A1
trannys WON't fit in A2 cars due to some missing mount bracket moulded
into the A2 tranny case. "

by the by- My A2 GLI (87) has a 9A trans, as does the 86 GTI in the
backyard. Both are using the posts on the back of the diff to mount to
the funky A2 rear/right mount.
Seems from what I remember you could use some different (longer) bolts
through the back of the diff and mount the later style bracket that way.

OkeyDokey?
TBerk