Re: 9A close ratio tranny

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001 15:01:55 -0700 (PDT) Mash <type53@yahoo.com> writes:

>Hi, my name is Mark. I have a problem. I smoke crack.
>
><putting the crack pipe down>
>
>I am nuts.

Come on Mark, I think your holding out on a few other details. Sokay tho,
it will come out later on in your rehab recovery. Keep up the good work.

>Now that we have that straight, how would a
>tranmission that does not have the studs for the A1
>rear mount (say an AUG) be fitted to an A1 car?

You know, I really dont know. I cant remember what it was I did or what
tranny I used. (Thats why I suggested the archives.)
I do recall I tried to put a FN tranny in the GLi. or was it the GLi
tranny in the Scirocco? its been much longer than a week so its not even
on my minds hard drive memory anymore. Just some odds and ends. Might of
been that the GLi had a 9A tranny after all? Cant remember. There have
been so many trannies......

>I speak from ignorance (as I have never seen such an
>animal - the 9A in my Golf GT has the studs) - is it
>as simple as threading in the studs required for the
>A1 rear tranny mount?
>
>Humbly yours . . .

Mine and nobody elses? Promise? Daun, your out, Mark is in!

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!