Re: 2.0 vs 1.8 16V head on a 9A Block.

Along those same lines, I've heard that the intake side of the 2.0 head is
worse, but, the exhaust side is better.

Does anybody know how the 2.0 head will perform with dual sidedrafts?

The 76 I just bought is carbed and I was thinking of putting a 2.0 16V in it
with dual carbs.  I don't like the idea of using an 8V and having the carbs
mashed up against the firewall just inches away from the exhaust manifold.

I can get a complete 2.0 pretty easily, but, might not be able to find a 1.8
16V head.

Any ideas on whether or not the carbs will overcome the flow loss in the 2.0
head?

Tom
www.area-53.com

8 VW's, 3 Audi's, 1 Porsche, 2 Chevy's and counting...