[Tech] Replacing Rotors... 84' 8v

Hi Folks,

So today at lunch I called up LordCo Parts Ltd. and
TRIED to order new rotors, pads and anti-rattle
clips...

The parts guy, really nice guy - very friendly... who
has now left me confused.

He says there a few different types of rotors.  I say
ya ok, this is rational and I had been expecting it.
I say theres a vented one right, 'Yes', I say cool
thats probably it...

Then he says, is it an early or late model for 84'.  I
say... umm I don't know... (thinking 'they had late
model 84's?).  He says need to know to get the right
pads.  I say thats cool... I'll get the serial # when
I get home.

So what I want to know is was there an early and late
run for the 84?

Does anyone actually know the part #'s for this guy?

I don't really want to pull the rotor off and haul it
down there... I kind of need the car (even with warped
rotors).

Didn't we have a VW S/N registry about 2 or 3 years
back?  Some guy running a site... hmm...

Thanks,

Lee
84' 8v Silver Scirocco