Re: engine decision's... I have made up my mind

<snip>
> atomized a/f.  Once you get that pipe cut to the right length, you would
> need a megaphone on the end of that to expand the rpm range that the tuned
> effect works at.  That's another thing with a truly tuned exhaust, without
> a megaphone, the range would only be a little bit of an exhaust range.
But
> that works in theory,  I'm not sure how it would work on a 4 cyl.  Since
> the article I read was for a one lunger motorcycle.  I guess you could
have
> 4 megaphones coming out of the back, sides, or wherever you would have to
> run them.

The race headers for aircooled VWs use a megaphone exhaust.  The primaries
are all equal length, then they all come together in a merged collector.
Bolted to the collector is a 2 foot long megaphone.  The problem with using
this setup on a watercooled VW is the exhaust would exit underneath the
middle of the car.  This isn't a problem with aircooled VWs because the
engine is in the back.

Kenneth