[theory] Exhaust size/restriction vs. power

OK, Scott. Normally I have completely blind faith in your words of wisdom,
but you just said one thing and then (on face value) *completely* negated
your first statement.

I'm NOT going to argue that you're wrong in your overall point, because you
probably know more about it than I do. But let's just analyze what you said
here, so that we may actually determine the facts that support your
statements.

> NO ENGINE BENEFITS
> FROM RESTRICTION IN THE EXHAUST SYSTEM!

You (and Dan, FWIW) never actually say a word to support this statement.
Please support it. If anyone has dyno charts, I'd love to see them.

> The reason normally aspirated
> engines may gain more torqe with a smaller diameter
> exhast, is because the
> higher velocity in the system creates a greater scavenging effect that in
> turn allows for cleaner combustion chambers, wich means more air-fuel
> mixture per stroke, which means more power.

On face value, you just completely went back on yourself. On second thought,
maybe I caught something here that took a little "2+2" work in my brain. Did
you actually mean to say that a "smaller diameter" exhaust is **different**
than a "more restrictive" exhaust of larger diameter? If I'm on the right
track, take me further (explain how it is different)! If not, what did you
actually mean to say?

Neal