Re: [Tech - HELP] "Recently Rebuilt" 2H Transaxle Install

> The one that usually has a plastic hex cover that slides up, right?
>
> All that's there is just the tube sticking up...

The tube sticking up...that's just the vent tube, right?  Do you mean
you have an empty threaded hole staring at you, where the detent should
go?

Some trannies have just the spring detent that screws in, some of these
have the white plastic hex, others just look like hex bolts from the
top; the spring and ball are built into the shaft.

Also, some have two holes on top of that housing, I believe the back
one is just for a stop-pin.

Taking Chris' lead I'd remove both (if present) to see if that makes a
difference.  I'm pretty sure you won't do any damage.  Barring that,
you may have to remove the entire selector shaft assembly to see if you
can shift gears with your finger.

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.