Re: [fuck, fuck, fuck]: need 2.0l 16v shortblock. was: fuck this, i give up

Michael, my condolences, that's a damned drag.  You *could* repair this
with the engine in the car, but tranny, head, and all belts have to
come off, which puts you damned near back to square one given that you
then have to find and install a crank and at least one new rod...that's
at a minimum.

Sorry man wish I could help.  That goes for Brian McGarvey too...too
bad I'm 8 hours away, have no time and couldn't do a lot of grunt work
anyway.

Ron
--- Michael Abatzis <abatzis2@hotmail.com> wrote:
> so. turns out my worst fears have come true, and i have a spun rod
> bearing
> on my newly installed 2.0l shortblock. estimate is $3500, which,
> needless to
> say, i don't have. i'm also working 100 hour weeks starting monday,
> so i
> have no time to fix things. any easy fix to this short of dropping
> the
> engine, reboring all rods, etc.? i doubt it, so second question. i
> really,
> really need a new shortblock asap. i don't have time to do shit. if
> anyone
> could find me one delivered to the atlanta area i'd be your best
> friend. i'd
> also be willing to pay someone to help me install it some weekend in
> the
> near future. guys, this is my daily driver and i'm in deep shit here.
> any
> help would definitely have the scirocco gods smiling on you. i can't
> tell
> you how much it sucks to go through all this work, and then face the
> thought
> of doing it again. i guess i'm glad that at least i cleaned
> everything.
> atlanta might as well be fucking antarctica without a car. the worst
> part is
> is that i  spent all this time taking out a perfectly good engine,
> and then
> installed a p.o.s. arrrgghhh.
> -michael
> as a friend of mine said today "you might as well have lincoln logs
> under
> the hood"

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.