Re: considering new changes to engine...

Alright after reviewing th information you gave me (thank you very much
btw),It woud seem I have a few choices. (If I read this info correctly)

1. A3 2.0L Block and slap my JH 1,8L Head on it (changing the Cis-E to Cis
for convenience), this aside from oil pump and other smaller details would
be a "good setup" to expand from at a later time

2. ABA 2.0l Block and again slap my 1.8L JH head on it (making this
monotronic engine a CIS engine once again) *oil pump etc to be changed) and
again this could be a good platform to expand from at a later time

these choices are pleasing to the mind. but my reeling at  high speeds
continues to ask

3. Why not put a 2.0L head on my 1.8L block (it being a cis -cisE
conversion...)?

I understand bigger block and overboring it to 84mm to make it 2.007L but
you can take a 1.8L and do the same and get a 1.9L..
my point is getting fuzzy this late, and though this is a "mid-term" project
(already got the 1.8L spare engine to be picked up soon)
I am trying to find something that would be "something new..?" hard to
explain... I want something "unorthodox/not done too often"
yet that will provide enough power and fun with the 9A tranny I have
(probably get the 5th gear conversion, close ratio is not needed
for me, I take off corner just fine thank you...)

obviously I need sleep... but my mind won't let me rest....

Sunday Enbrum VW Show.. August 5th, Enbrum Ontario Canada... wanna come?
email me

   / _ /_  __/ __/  A Texan's Scirocco, 1985 8v
  / __ |/ / _\ \    http://longcoeur.com/scirocco/
 /_/ |_/_/ /___/    (AIM) patricdlc, (ICQ) 3291816