Re: 9A close ratio tranny

--- Todd Detwiler <todd_detwiler@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Will the 9A work in a mk1? Does it have the same
> size driveline flanges? I
> would like to hook one to my Audi 3A engine, but I
> don't want to buy it if
> it won't work.
> Thanks,
> Todd
> PS, what close ratios will work?

100% yes if it came from an A1 chassis car. The output
flanges are 100mm - all Mk1 Sciroccos came with 90mm
flanges. Some of the earlier wheel hubs may need to be
swapped out for a later model to accomadate the 100mm
axles.

You could also swap 90mm flanges onto the 9A and use
your 90mm axles.

Many many close ratios will fit. Any 020 tranny will
fit as long as it has the rear mounting studs. Some
trannies used on A2 cars don't have these. Rule of
thumb - if it was ever fitted to an A1 chassis car
(Scirocco 1975-1988, Rabbit 1975-1984, Rabbit
Conv/Cabriolet 1980-1993, etc) - it will fit.

HTH

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
ZENDER SCIROCCO 1 SIDE SKIRTS - Considering selling
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)