What d'ya think?

SINCE our cars stop so fast and there is a rash of rearenders these days, I
get paranoid when I let off the throttle to slow a little without stepping
on the brake.  So, what do you think about hooking up a switch on the gas
pedal so just the tailights come on when you let up on the gas only, then,
of course, the brake lights would still come on when you depress the brake
pedal.  Almost like the newer brake light system where the brake lights get
brighter the harder you hit the pedal.  I would be easy to do!

Dave